Liquid Culture, Petri Dish
Release Date: 14th May 2022
Also known as:
PB3(B1xB2)2 x A1/TxB(2×3)B3#1
This UK hybrid strain created by Kaizen Cordyceps originates back to four individual wild cordyceps specimens found throughout Northern England in seasons 2020 & 2021.
All Kaizen Cordyceps strains are 1st generation liquid mother cultures unless otherwise stated. All liquid culture syringe are tested on agar prior to being shipped.
- Liquid cultures are shipped in 10ml syringes (without needles)
Liquid Culture Expansion Recipe Suggestion (per litre):
- 10g Dextrose
- 5g Light malt extract
Standard LC Expansion Tek Suggestion:
- Inoculate the LC expansion jar with 2ml from the mother syringe
- Stir or shake the LC continuously or at least for a minute or two every 12 hours.
- Incubate the LC in the dark at between 18-22 Celsius. It will be ready to use in 4-5 days.
Nutrient Broth Recipe Suggestion (per litre):
- 10g Dextrose
- 10g Light Malt Extract
- 5g Nutritional yeast flakes
- 4g Soy protein isolate powder
- 2g Spirulina powder
- 2g Kelp powder
- 1g Gypsum
Nutrient broth to dry grain ratio:
- 55ml broth / 35g rice per 24oz deli pot
Autoclave at 15psi/121 Celsius for 40 minutes.
Inoculate each 24oz deli pot with 10ml of liquid culture.
- 18-22 Celsius
- Incubate in the dark.
- The substrates should be sufficiently colonised to start fruiting in 4-5 days.
Fruiting Temperature range:
- 18-20 Celsius (ideal)
- 15-20 Celsius (acceptable)
Fruiting Room Lighting:
- 6500k white LED strip lights at between 500-1000 lumens on a 12/12 schedule
Ensure the fruiting room/chamber receives fresh air exchange at least once or twice a day
Harvest between 55-70 days from inoculation.
Good luck, better skills & enjoy growing the strain!